I am Bjarne Bouwer and started sailing at Royal Varuna Yachtclub in Thailand when i was 6 years old. My first boat was an Optimist. I moved to the Netherlands when I was 9 years old and joined the FAMED-team, followed by several years in the (junior) Dutch National Optimist squad.
I love speed & foiling, therefore Eliott Savelon and me were the first Dutch sailors who start racing in the new Nacra 15 in the Netherlands. Our dream from day 1 was to participate at the Youth Olympic Games in 2018 in Argentina. Together with Laila van der Meer I succeeded to win a bronze medal at the YOG in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 2018.
Loyal to the foil
We are the foiling generation, which means we could not wait to tame the foiling Nacra 17. Since 2019 I participate in the Nacra 17 TeamNL Paris 2024 project coached by Karel Begemann and supported by the Dutch Watersportverbond & NOC/NSF
My long term goal is winning the Nacra 17 gold medal at the Olympic Games 2024 in Paris, France.
- Dutch Champion Benjamin 2015 Optimist
- 3rd Open WC 2016 Garda, Italy, Nacra 15
- 1st Open WC 2017 Garda, Italy, Nacra 15
- 1st Belgian Championship 2017, Nacra 15
- 5th ISAF WC 2017 Sanya, China, Nacra 15
- 1st Dutch & Belgian Championship 2018, Nacra 15
- 4th WC ISAF 2018 Texas, USA, Nacra 15
- 3rd Youth Olympic Games 2018, Argentina, Nacra 15
- 1st Dutch Championship Open Class 2019, Nacra 17
- 4th Junior WC Risor 2019 u23, Norway, Nacra 17
- 1st Junior EC Vilamoura 2019 u23, Portugal, Nacra 17